A scholarship is an award of financial aid for a student to further their education. Scholarships are awarded based upon various criteria, which usually reflect the values and purposes of the donor or founder of the award.
SCHEME OF ‘POST-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP’ FOR STUDENTS BELONGING TO THE MINORITY COMMUNITIES
Scope :- The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a government or private higher secondary school/college/university, including such residential institutes of the Government and eligible private institutes selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government/Union Territory Administration concerned. It will also cover technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) of classes XI and XII level.
Eligibility :- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs.2 lakh.
Distribution :- Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists and Zoroastrians (Parsis) have been notified as minority communities under Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992. The distribution of scholarship among the States/Union Territories will be made on the basis of population of the above notified minorities in the States/ Union Territories of Census 2001.
Selection Procedure :- Unlike scholarship for SC and ST, there are a fixed number of scholarships for minorities is small and limited. Students from BPL families, having the lowest income shall be given preference in the ascending order. The renewal applications would be fully exhausted before the new applications are considered.
Duration :- Scholarship will be provided for the entire course. However, maintenance allowance will be given for a period not exceeding 10 months only in an academic year.
CENTER SECTOR SCHEME FOR SCHOLARSHIP
CSSS Scholarship scheme provides financial assistance to meritorious students from low-income families (Family Income should not be more than 6 lakhs) to pursue higher studies. This CBSE scholarship is funded by MHRD and will be awarded on the basis of the results of senior secondary examinations.
- Eligibility Criteria: Minimum 80% marks in class 12 from a CBSE school.
- Reward: Scholarship of Rs. 1000 per month for three years in graduation (Rs. 2000 per month for 4th and 5th year in case of a professional course and also for post-graduation of 2 years)
SOCIAL JUSTICE & EMPOWERMENT DEPARTMENT
Type of Facility : ROSE Rajasthan Online Scholarship System
State : Rajasthan
Website : http://www.sje.rajasthan.gov.in/
- Note down & Remember, Registration ID/Login ID & Password, it will be issued only once.
- Duplicate Registration on this site is not allowed.
- Click on “Login” button, provide User ID and Password given as above and enter into site.
- Through “Apply for Scholarship” button provides all desired details, check and after confirmation “Lock” the Application. Pl. note that “Apply for Scholarship” button will not be visible until you confirm the registration details. Link for the same is available there.
- Take print out the Application, get sign from your institution, attach all desired documents and send that to concerning Domicile District office by post.
- Please note without “LOCK” updation in filled data allowed and taking print out before “LOCK” will just be a draft application and not a FINAL APPLICATION to be send to SJE district office.
- You can check the status later by login again.
- Detailed instructions could be read by clicking on “How to Apply” button.
- Students who have already registered on portal they can login with their Registration No. and Password and can fill application form for this academic year.
- Students who had applied scholarship application previous year they cannot modify their personal details on portal.